Thursday 19 March 2015

More Wizard of Oz concepts

Today I've been working on brainstorming the Tin Man. 


I played around with the proportions and size of his body parts, initially thinking of making him look fearsome. Then I went with a sadder look with hunched over posture and drooping helmet plume and overall he looked a lot more intimidating, in my opinion.  



After that I played with an idea of a more gruesome Wizard of Oz with some of the characters being actual murderers. Scarecrow would take the lead lamenting on if he had a brain then maybe he would consider the damage he's causing, Tin Man would follow along, wondering if he had a heart then maybe he'd feel the compassion and regret to stop and Lion is stuck with them but doesn't have the courage to stop them.


This took a very dark turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment