Saturday 28 March 2015

Assignment 1 - A

For assignment 1-A we were required to create...

One Main Prop Design Sheet –based on provided scrip (i.e. Dorothy's Ruby Shoes, Tin Man's Axe, or maybe the Sign for The Haunted Woods)
One Main Location Design Sheet –based on provided script (i.e. establishing, long shot of the Haunted Woods set, with the Yellow Brick Road running through it)

I haven't fully confirmed every detail about the character designs so I decided to leave them out of the prop design. With little other option I decided to go with the Sign. Considering this a 'sweet' forest rather than evil I didn't want the sign to look decrepit, but well kept and rather new. 


Despite polling my options and the highest vote going to one of the Enchanted Forest thumbnails, I decided to go with the Candy Forest. I felt it better suited the Wicked Witches motif and I have ideas on how the main characters will interact with their new surroundings.



This took longer than I had anticipated and unfortunately not quite to my likeness, but I am still happy with it and I know I'll enjoy using this in part B.

No comments:

Post a Comment